Saturday, January 15, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas 2011 yet?!

Now that the Christmas season is behind us, I'm sure we're all more aware of the need to plan for gifts ahead of time? :P I'm writing my gift ideas and information for the year into a planner WAAAY in advance, because with a large family and even larger extended family, it sure does get have the potential to get crazy! And sometimes, with pregnancies and babes underfoot, toddlers and children climbing the walls, getting out of the house is difficult and we need all the help we can get.

That's where online shopping comes in really handy. http://www.become.com is a fantastic online comparison shopping site that allows you to search for that perfect gift. It brings together great, relevant search results for whatever you may be looking for, from websites all over the internet. With that comes valuable information like buying guides and consumer reviews, to further help you in making your decision. There are various ways to customize your search results to maximise your use of that elusive computer time. Become.com also uses a special interwebz technology that filters out irrelevant search results, further refining your searching process.

Lets say, for example, that I had it in my head that my friend-who-has-everything needs something in an aquamarine bahai pendant. Or perhaps I need to forward some ideas to my husband about the .40 micro pave platinum anniversary band I've been dreaming of (and will probably only ever be dreaming of, lol!). Maybe I want to order my dearest, hardworking friend a shiatsu elite footmassager fms 200h. Become.com comes to the rescue helping me to source relevant search results, giving me research and comparison capabilities, and doing it all for me from the comfort of my sofa. :)

No comments: