Sunday, March 07, 2010

Ack. I'm such a blog slacker. :(

I sincerely apologize. Time goes by so quickly! Yikes.

At this point there's nothing much to report so I'll mostly just post some photos, since that's probably what you really want anyway. :)





At some point I'm pretty sure Evelyn was 4 or 5 days old...and then, all of a sudden she was 4 or 5 weeks old. I don't know how it happens. All I know is you blink, and it's here. She's not a newborn any more, she's an infant. There are some ways in which this is happy, and others in which it is not. I am sure that most of you can relate.








My girls and I had a girls' day out at the markets...nothing exciting, but it was lovely. I love having little girls in my family. They already seem to "get it"...not going to say anything else because those who get it will get it. :-P

My two "big girls" ended our girls' day out like this (above) which made me feel a little less doubt about us having had "so many" children, as I'm pretty sure my children will have lifelong friends in each other, and that is priceless (believe me, I know this. I would do anything for my siblings. They are my best friends.)




Today, Evelyn is 5 weeks old. Her face is growing up. She does smile a bit, but she's had the snuffles and hasn't been as smiley for the past couple of days. :(


Jonathan is about the sweetest kid I've ever met. He loves Evelyn. :)


Seth will be two next month!! He's got all kinds of words and phrases now, it's easy to figure out exactly what he wants, and unless you tick him off, he's as sweet as pie. :-P


Okay, these are radishes. Not just any radishes, though. These are the first ever ever ever vegetables successfully grown by either Larry or myself. They seemed photo-worthy to me. :) Hopefully more photos of garden-related efforts will be forthcoming in the near future.

Homeschooling is going well. Jonathan and Mae are both now enrolled with the distance ed. school (based a few hours south of here) and they're doing a great job. We had a teacher from the school visit us about a week ago, and she was really happy with our family's program and where our kids are at academically. This was very encouraging to Larry and I both, although we're also aware of areas in which we'd like to improve and develop our teaching methods, etc. I don't think we're ever going to feel like we've got it down, and I think that's a good thing.

If anyone has any input, I'm interested in feedback/thoughts relating to homeschooling and a vegetarian/vegan diet specifically (current areas of research in our household)...so leave your thoughts in my comments if you feel up to it. Thanks.

--Love, Deb xox

3 comments:

MoeyMichele said...

Oh Deb,
Such a wonderful post. I hardly recognized Grace! My goodness. And that gorgeous bubby Evelyn...so big so soon! We miss all of you so much. Thank you for this.

The Arts Collective said...

The pics are simply beautiful, Deb! Thanks for posting! Love you XOXO Mom

Joanna Renae said...

Sooooo sweet! <3 <3

Quinn and I have gazillions of ideas concerning homeschooling but, until we've actually given it a try, I hate to even start. ;)