Wednesday, March 24, 2010

More random photos and other tidbits.

For those of you who might care about such things, my other blog at http://www.homesteadblogger.com/tryhardhomemaker/, which had been sorely neglected for almost a year, is now active again. It's more craft-and food-related, and less family- and kid-related, than this one. Larry also has a blog at http://going-to-the-ant.blogspot.com/, although he has trouble finding time to post on it. I know he has things in mind to post though, and as soon as I give him some time to do it, he will.

In other news, Larry's garden outside is coming along. He's been planting boxes of lettuce, beans, marigolds, peas, and perhaps other things that I can't remember right now. I'm loving this; growing some of our own food is something I've wanted to do for a long time, but a) I don't know how and b) I am scared. LOL. Well he's not scared, and he's doing great.

I was supposed to have surgery yesterday, but the surgery was postponed by the hospital at the last minute. Now it's scheduled for next Tuesday, so if you could pray for me that would be appreciated. Even without surgery, yesterday was eventful as we had to take Evelyn to the ER. She had a hair wrapped around her toe so tightly that we couldn't tell, after we'd tried to remove it, whether we'd been successful or not. We took her in to be on the safe side. She is fine now, after a bit of a rough night. I'm guessing her toe is kinda sore, and she was sad about that and looking for reassurance. Poor lil baby. :(

My work with the pregnancy support center is going well. I have finished rewriting and editing the main part of the curriculum -- that was the largest and most intense part of my work, I think. Now I have a bunch of admin stuff to do to wrap that up, and then I can work on expanding the curriculum to cover more topics. It's been interesting so far, and I've learned a fair bit about a few different things, so although it's voluntary work, there are definitely benefits for me as well.

The children are doing really well, except for Evelyn's little toe issue yesterday. They are generally very healthy, although we have a few skin-related issues with Seth and Evelyn. No surprise given the sensitivity of both parents' skin...

Jonathan and Mae continue to excel in homeschool. They are each at the head of their grade. :P They are also taking piano lessons, thanks to their beloved Mammam. We have yet to succeed in practicing regularly but we'll get there. The other kids are quite a handful, but only because there are so many of them. Separately, they are quiet and well-behaved children. LOL. We were stopped twice in one shopping trip recently by mothers telling us how they don't know how we do it; they each only had two children and couldn't control them, and our six kids were so well-behaved. We get that a lot -- it's not really because we're awesome parents but we do have some awesome kids!! Plus we have an awesome God and He certainly helps us every step of the way.

Anyway, here are some photos, as promised. I don't have one of Jonathan from the last week or so but I'll try to remember to snap one soon. :) Also, I can't remember why Mae was so cranky in her photo but it's a genuine representation of who she is right now so I'm gonna post it anyway. :P












3 comments:

The Arts Collective said...

Haha, I am the first to comment! Someone usually gets there before me...but Deb, your photos are cuter every time you post! These are almost breathtakingly cute, and I looove the grumpy Mae one! That one made me lol....really! The kids are so photogenic....

Your blog is great--thanks for posting! Love you XOXO

MoeyMichele said...

Hey there! Glad to hear about the garden, sad about the hair on Evelyn's toe! hope she is feeling better. Love love love the photos. I will try to get some new ones up soon. :-) Love you!

14xMommy said...

Such adorable children!! Your life sounds just beautiful...isn't God good??